Consulting Resumes are Formatting Differently to the Standard Professional Resume
A high quality Consulting Resume will promote your top 5 areas of core competency, that are relevant for the consulting roles you are wanting to apply for.
Your consulting resume will highlight how you have delivered a positive outcome to your organisations and stakeholders.
It will outline the key challenges you had to overcome in order to deliver the great results, so the reader will appreciate that you have proven ability to work in difficult and high pressure environments.
Pricing table with an Table ID of “conresume” is not defined.
Not Sure if You Need a LinkedIn Profile?
Check out the 4 Top Benefits of a LinkedIn Profile for Consultants, Coaches and Business Owners
“What an amazing resume! I have thoroughly enjoyed this experience and it has certainly reminded me of the value I can offer. Thank you again for making this such an enjoyable experience!”
– Jill.S Digital Content and Media Consultant, Sydney, 2015
3 Reasons You May Want to Consider Consulting
The demand for consultants is growing, and as organisations are becoming increasing reluctant to hire full time employees, you’d be smart to start looking at the world of consulting as a new way of earning a salary.
Consulting opportunities can vary in length of time from a few days to several years. As a consultant, you can work for a consulting firm who takes responsibility for finding new work projects, or you can become an independent consultant and live life on your terms.
Here are 3 great benefits to working as a Consultant:
- Consulting gives you freedom – flexibility is a given when you work as a consultant and can be the perfect remedy if you no longer want the demands of a full-time position or simply want to manage the pace of your work.
- Consulting gives you constant challenges – Consulting will stretch you because no two projects will ever be the same. You’ll be exposed to new business models and business leaders who will inevitably help develop your business acumen and industry knowledge. Similarly, your experience and depth of knowledge will be highly appreciated by your clients, as you cross pollinate ideas and strategies across industries.
- Consulting gives you choice – As an independent consultant, you promote yourself to the exact type of companies that you want to serve, so you can choose to strategically become a specialist in a specific industry, or you can ensure you are working across a scope of sectors so you’re skills and expertise will be valued by a larger market.
With technology constantly evolving, there are new and greater risks that organisations need to mitigate. Companies rely on outside help, from specialist consultants. to effectively manage this risk and deliver solutions to protect the organisation. If you have IT experience, and skills in Cloud-computing platforms, ERP systems, IT security and data-mining tools, then consulting may be a rewarding option for you to try over the next few years.
There are also a wide scope of opportunities that medium to large businesses are missing out on, as they find it hard to keep up with the changing technology. Consultants are called upon to reveal how to leverage technology and digital marketing strategies to increase revenue and bottom line profits. If you have more than a decade or two in senior finance roles, and have current knowledge in how to leverage technology, you may be able to add significant value as a consultant to help develop Integrated financial reporting systems, and Systems conversion projects.
Consultants are in demand in virtually every industry. Their expertise is especially critical in the following fields:
- Corporate and Organisational Strategy
- Business systems and business performance improvement
- Finance, Tax and accounting
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Operations management
The different types of consulting opportunities available to skilled professionals can also be viewed according to how a consultant will integrate with existing staff members. Options include:
- Interim management — Consultants are brought in to assist companies in transition by serving in key management positions.
- Project management — Consultants with project management experience are brought in to lead the expertise to lead projects with defined deliverables and timelines.
- Staff augmentation — When workloads peak, companies enlist the help of consultants to ease the strain on core staff without having to add full-time headcount.
Pricing table with an Table ID of “resumecon” is not defined.
Want to find out more?
Contact us on 1300 979 890 for further details.
Alternatively, please drop me an email at email@example.com