Are you in Sales, Coaching or Consulting?
Or are you a business owner, and play an active part in representing your company? If so, it’s a common fact that people are Googling your name before they consider approaching you and your company, so a powerful professional profile is a compulsory element of your sales and marketing toolkit. When you have an impressive profile, you have a powerful document that helps sell you as a trusted advisor in your industry.
Fact: Professional Profiles Promote a Positive Reputation.
What should you include in a professional profile? Descriptions of you and your business appear in many places — from social networking sites to press releases. So it’s definitely worth the time and effort to ensure you have a powerful professional profile.
Avoid the Biggest Mistake with Professional Profiles
- First up, please don’t make the mistake that 99% of other people make – write a boring professional profile.
I am going to assume that you are not dull, dry and boring – so why should your professional profile describe you this way?
Your new profile is your chance of making you look like the ideal coach, consultant or business owner.
In the eyes of your ideal client, you want them to feel that you are the best solution for their problems…..that you not only have the right set of skills, knowledge and experience to do the job, but you will also be interesting, fun, inspiring and/or enjoyable to work with.
Yes, the power of the written word holds a lot of control over who contacts you after reading your website or LinkedIn profile, and who kills your page in favour of reading the next coach or consultant’s bio.
How to Write a Professional Profile
The best professional profiles will clearly articulate your credentials, skills, experience and industry knowledge, but they will also tap into something much more important. That is, the reason you do what you do.
- If you can show that you absolutely love what you do, and then describe why you have chosen this as your career, then you will be well ahead of your competition.
The reason for this is because your profile will help to create an inspiring image that will help to attract your ideal clients and customers.
People love to work with people who are passionate about their craft. Think of the most inspiring and successful people you know…..now go and google their name, and check out how they represent themselves in their professional profile.
Common Traits of Powerful Professional Profiles:
- Uses language that creates an image that you are an expert in what you do.
- Describes your personality traits and characteristics in an interesting and/or inspirational way – ie You are not boring Vanilla Flavoured
- Tells a story of where how you started your career, and outlines your career path in progressive terms
- Gives the reader an idea of what it would be like to work with you, because the essence of you is felt in the writing style.
Key elements of your professional Profile
What to Include in Your Profile:
- Let the reader know what you do, why you do what you do (show your passion for your industry) and who your typical (or ideal) clients are.
- Outline your scope of experience within the industry, and how your experience in other industries brings a benefit to your clients and colleagues.
- Articulate your key strengths and skill set. If you know what clients want from you, then highlight these areas of expertise.
- Showcase 1 to 3 career highlights – give specific details if you can, including the results you generated in measurable terms.
- List 2 or 3 high profile clients you have worked with, and if you can outline how you have assisted them, even better (a link to a testimonial will be super effective in building your credibility too)
- Speaking of links, if you can provide links to videos that demonstrate your product or service, include them.
- Provide proof that your product or service is high quality or delivers on its promise.
- Build credibility by listing your qualifications, and any awards or accolades you have received.
Start with a 400-word profile and then re-purpose it into the various formats, by cutting it down, to use in the different contexts. I would also recommend that you incorporate key search terms for online profiles. However, in doing so, don’t lose sight of how it reads to a real person.
How to Make Your Professional Profile Bring in More Clients
We suggest you place your professional profile in the following areas to maximise your investment:
- In your LinkedIn profile
- In your proposals
- In your about us section
- As a footer on press releases
- As a speaker profile
- On trade association websites
Interested to find out more about our professional writing services?
Power Resume Writing Services are highly attuned to the marketing needs and successful techniques of coaches, consultants, small businesses and executive level professionals. Having our own business marketing needs has required us to conduct widespread research into what to say, how to say it and where to highlight it. This knowledge has certainly paid off, seeing us become one of the most popular resume writing services available. Dedicated to seeing our clients succeed, we would like to share these skills in writing effective Professional Profiles that can be used for websites, LinkedIn Profiles and marketing documents. Having researched, employed and refined multiple techniques and strategies in this area, Power Resume Writing Services are well positioned to provide you with a superior Executive Summary that meets your needs. Committed to empowering our clients to market, sell and promote themselves and their services, we deliver premier quality and consistently achieve high level client satisfaction.
Book Now… Contact us now for your FREE quote on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below:
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]