So there’s no denying that a well-crafted LinkedIn profile will allow you to promote yourself better than any resume or cover letter can.
When written correctly, your LinkedIn profile lets you showcase yourself in multiple dimensions, to paint a picture of yourself as a whole person, instead of just the typical resume’s collection of dates and buzzwords.
Of course, you’ll want to secure a good position that pays well, so being able to impress potential employers with what you have to offer is a must. In today’s more tech-savvy job market, one of the best ways to accomplish this is to create a LinkedIn profile that can quickly grab the attention of employers and staffing agencies.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social networking site designed specifically for the business community. Unlike Facebook where you create a profile, build a friends list and post all kinds of content that you personally like, the registered members of LinkedIn build their profile with the knowledge that potential employers, business partners and other professionals can find them and establish a connection. So if you’re looking for a job, your LinkedIn profile will serve as your professional bio and resume online for interested employers to peruse.
How can you make LinkedIn work better for you?
Here is an action list to ensure your LinkedIn Profile attracts your ideal employer:
- Ensure your LinkedIn profile is complete and that it contains all the relevant keywords for your industry and main job functions.
- Get endorsements and recommendations is also helpful in boosting your appearance in search results, so they’ll take care of that, too. And adding plenty of contacts is also something they’ll accomplish that can help you perform better in searches.
- Hire a professional photographer to shoot a high-quality photo of you for your new LinkedIn profile
- Focus on your headline ensuring that it engages hiring managers to look further at your profile.
- Ensure the summary and experience section has only the relevant information, and is concisely written.
- Your summary needs to be written in the first person and be engaging and original; written precisely toward the people you care about influencing the most, and absolutely clear on what action steps you want the reader to take.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]